Friday, May 30, 2014

30244 Anakin's Jedi Intercepter Polybag Review

I've already made mention elsewhere about this being a "frigate in a bag" for MFZ: Intercept Orbit.  Let's see how it stacks up.

I picked this up for $3.99 from Toys'R'Us.  Which gives us a Price per Piece of $0.09.







Instructions.

Parts.  Dark Green parts, Wedge Plates (wings) in two different shapes, 1x2 Modified Plates w/Bar (open ends), lampholders, new headlight bricks, Trans-Blue 1x1 Round Tiles, Hinge Plates, and the 2x2 Studless Slopes are all nice.  Notice the ends on the Antenna pieces.  They're almost flat, instead of rounded like normal.








Here's the set as built to instructions on an IO Frigate Base.  I think it looks pretty good and the overall length is just 11 studs.




Here's the alternate build I came up with.  I'm calling it the "Rhino".  Stats: 2Rd+8/2B/2W.

The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  Yes, it's not very pretty though.  The regular build is a perfectly serviceable IO Frigate right out of the bag.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)
Score: A- (+10).  

1 comment:

  1. The square-ended antennae are the new normal, I think. More and more of my sets have been coming with them--I suspect that the round-ended ones will disappear once their molds wear out.

    ReplyDelete