Wednesday, September 17, 2014

TMOH: Crab Mecha 2.0

After a request for not-so-parts-intensive-frames on the Hangar, and my rebuild of my Centauroid Mecha, I got a little inspired to add the new ball joints to my Crab Mecha design.

I figured you can do this in a couple of ways.  For parts we have the 2x2 Modified Plate w/Tow Ball, the 1x2 Modified Plate w/Tow Ball, and the 1x2 Modified Plate w/Tow Ball Receptacle on side.  The smaller Towball Plate only comes in Dark Bley and the Receptacle Plate only comes in Light Bley so you're probably going to end up with a three colors to a build a minimum.

I've got two new builds to share with you.  The first uses the 1x2 Modified plate w/Towball and 1x2 Modified Plate w/Towball Receptacle on side as the base combination to attach the legs.

Brickshelf gallery.







The second uses the 2x2 Modified Plate w/Towball and the Receptacle Plate as the base combination to attach the legs.  This also features another change, the addition of small arms in the form of a Bar Holder w/Clip.  I'll have to go back and see how well they attach to the older versions of my Crab Mecha.

Brickshelf gallery.

As you can see, both builds use three colors as I mentioned earlier.  I hope these inspire people a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment