Friday, July 21, 2023

Terrain Workshop: Alien Plants 2

As with all things if doing it once is good, doing it more must be better, right?  This time around my seed part was a handful of 2x2x2 Inverted Cones in Lime -- one of the two colors available -- and I was trying to figure out how to make them useful.




I ended up putting them on a 1x1 Round Brick and putting four
Round Plates w/3 Leaves on the top.  This totals up to six pieces
which is 1 Hit.  It's also three Bricks and one Plate tall which
makes it legal to be Cover.  I think they look pretty cool and if you
assemble enough of these you can use them to form makeshift walls.






After my last Alien Plant Terrain Workshop I took another look
at these plants and started experimenting with making similar
"growth profiles".  For an immature version I subbed in 1x1 Round Plate w/Flower Edge for the Round Plates w/3 Leaves. 
For an older version I added two 1x1 Round Plates -- because
I didn't want it to be too tall in relation to the other versions -- four 1x1 Round Plates w/Flower Edge -- in a different color than the "immature" version -- and changed the color on the Round Plates w/3 Leaves.  The additional parts also serve
to increase the damage the older version can take to 2 Hits.


Here are the usual suspects in comparison to these Alien Plants.  The "immature" version is 10 feet tall and 5 feet
across in 6P scale.  The standard version is 10 feet tall and 10 feet across, and the "older" version is 12 feet 
tall and 10 feet across.   I hope this helps people with future terrain designs for MFZ: Rapid Attack.  Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment