Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Data Mining

Last week I rebuilt the database I had compiled of all the games I had notes for.  Originally it was just composed of entries pertaining to the games and people I considered part of my gaming group.  I felt like I needed a better look at the bigger picture and by limiting the data any averages I might project would be off.  I also wasn't including two player games so that was definitely effecting the overall math.  Let's look at what's out there.

Ten years, 65 games, 261 turns, and 37 different players all leads to the following breakdowns.

Players per Game
Six = 5%
Five = 23%
Four = 26% 
Three = 35%
Two = 11%

Turns per Game
Six = 6%
Five = 22%
Four = 45%
Three = 26%

Type of Game
Battle = 48%
Skirmish = 37%
Unknown = 15%  (There are some holes in the data.)

Winning Position
Defender = 17%
Secondary Attacker = 54%
Primary Attacker = 25%
Unknown = 5%

As to what isn't included, three games that I either knew about or played in but didn't keep records for.  I didn't include demo games either as they're a different thing and there generally isn't time to take notes when running demos.  As far as I know, the only person with a bigger database is Blorf, through the Commander's Handbook.  Hopefully this information helps people and creates more interest in compiling and analyzing data for Rapid Attack games.

No comments:

Post a Comment