Friday, November 19, 2021

Review: Gundam Converge RX-93 V Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type (247)

Let's keep the Gundam vibes rolling with a Gundam Converge review to finish out the week.


Box.  I paid $11.99 at Newbury Comics for this.






Parts.



Disassembled.  The funnel fins could be Direct Fire, Defense, Movement, or Spotting.  The head vanes could be Spotting.  The gun could be Direct fire or Spotting.  The shield could be Defense or Movement.  The arms could be removed for White Die damage.




Assembled.  

Size Comparison.

The Questions:
Is it below, at, or above $10 per Frame?  Above.  (-10)

Is it a good size to use in a game?  Yes.  In between a Chub and a Classic.  (+5)
How many parts does it have to represent systems?  Five.  (+5)
Does it have enough parts you can remove to represent White Dice damage?  Yes.  (+5)
Score: +5 (B+).  A good looking model that'd score better if the price was cheaper.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this one at Hobby Lobby for $7.99. You can also get the entire set of six Gundam Converge Series 22 on Amazon for $42, which is $7 apiece. Not all of them have 4+ potential systems, but most do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool but, I'm not going to shop with either of those companies if I can help it. I know I'm paying more but I'd rather support small or local businesses.

      Delete
  2. Fair enough. I mention those as a cheaper alternative for those without as big a budget, but you’re right, the smaller stores need and deserve our business more. (The only reason I was at Hobby Lobby was to pick up felt for MFZ terrain, since my area doesn’t have any decent fabric stores at all.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually lucky that I've got two different small fabric stores local to me along with a Michael's and a Joann Fabric.

      Delete