Friday, June 24, 2022

Battle Report: Alien Planet 4

This is our fifth game for the year.  We had to haggle a bit to get this organized.  Since we only had three people we decided on a Battle.

Me (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.  (Bruni Bots)
   Green -- 2Rd/2Ra/2B/2W +SSR.
   White -- 2Rd/2Ra/2B/2W +SSR.
   Yellow Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Red Watchtower -- 2B/1Gd8/2Y/2W.

Chuck (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.  (Old School Squad)
   Purple Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Brown Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G+d8/2W + SSR (x2).
   White Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G+d8/2W + SSR.

Tom (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.  
   White Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR
   Grey Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR
   Brown Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Pink Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Green Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Orange Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W + SSR.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.







Events of Round 1 (DDC @ 11): My Yellow frame captures Chuck's Orange Station before the game starts.  My Yellow frame heats up Chuck's Brown frame for 1 after it closed into melee range.  Chuck's White frame takes a few steps forward and hits my Yellow frame for 1 with a SSR, Station Dance, then  Chuck's Brown frame recovers his Orange Station.  My Green frame hits Chuck's White frame for 1.  Chuck's Green frame hits my Green frame for 2.  Tom's Green frame takes one step forward and hits Chuck's Purple frame for 1, Station Dance.  Tom's Pink frame blasts Chuck's Purple frame for 6, destroying it.  My White frame hits Chuck's Brown frame for 2 and then moves around the medium Blade-Grass to capture Tom's Station.  Tom's Grey frame scuttles forward and hits my White frame for 2 with a SSR, Station Dance, and the Grey frame recaptures Tom's Station.

Me:
 42 points.
Tom: 24 points.
Chuck: 21 points.




Events of Round 2 (DDC @ 8): My Yellow frame hits Chuck's Brown frame for 4 with a Flame Frisbee SSR, destroying it.  My Yellow frame then takes a few steps forward and recaptures Chuck's Station.  Tom's Orange frame hits my White frame for 1.  Chuck's White frame runs forward and clubs my Yellow frame for 1, Station Dance.  Chuck's White frame reclaims his Orange Station.  My Green frame moves from the other side of the Loop-Grass to closer to my Red Station and hits Chuck's White frame for 1 with a Flame Frisbee SSR.  Chuck's Orange frame moves from the end Balloon-Tree to the Loop-Grass and hits my Yellow frame for 2.  Chuck's Yellow frame hits Tom's White frame for 1 the moves from the Bent-Top Blade-Grass to the Loop-Grass side of the middle Balloon-Tree.  Tom's White frame attempts to attack my White frame at melee range.  Tom's Pink frame hits his White frame for 2 in a friendly fire incident when attempting to hit my White frame.  Tom's Grey frame leapfrogs behind my White frame and jackhammers it for 4, destroying it.  Tom's Green frame hits my Yellow frame for 4, destroying it.  Chuck's Green frame moves from the large Blade-Grass to the empty side of the middle Balloon-Tree and hits my Green frame for 2.  Tom's Brown frame hits my Green frame for 3, destroying it.


Tom:
 24 points.

Me: 21 points.
Chuck: 18 points.





Events of Round 3 (DDC @ 4): Chuck's White frame takes a few steps forward and captures my Red Station.  Tom's Orange frame hits Chuck's Green frame for 1, which then moves behind the Bent-Top Blade-Grass.  Tom's Pink frame hits Chuck's Yellow frame, which was acting as Cover for Chuck's Orange frame, for 2.  Tom's Brown frame hits Chuck's Yellow frame for 3.  Chuck's Yellow frame changes direction, moving away from the middle Balloon-Tree it hits Tom's Orange frame for 4.  Tom's Green frame hits Chuck's Green frame, which was acting as Cover for Chuck's Yellow frame, for 2.


Tom:
 24 points.

Chuck: 21 points.
Me: 14 points.





Events of Round 4 (DDC @ 2): Tom's Orange frame moves to the corner of the battlefield and hits Chuck's Yellow frame for 1, destroying it with a SSR.  Tom's Brown frame hits Chuck's Green frame for 1.  Tom's Pink frame hits Chuck's Orange frame for 2.  Tom's Green frame hits Chuck's Orange frame for 3.  Tom's Grey frame continues moving forward to jackhammer my Red frame for 4, Station Dance, and my Red frame lurches over behind Chuck's White frame attempting to attack it.  Tom's Grey frame captures my White Station.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Tom:
 24 points.

Chuck: 18 points.
Me: 7 points.




Here are several during and aftermath pictures.

Round 1.4
Round 1.3










Round 2.3

Round 2.4










Round 4.5



Round 3.3






Round 4.6



Round 4.7










Round 4.8

Round 4.9











Thoughts & Observations:
  • This was a Battle.
  • We haven't used this table-setting since 2020.
  • I made several strategic errors before the game started.
  • I made several tactical errors while the game was being played.
  • I wanted to test an idea I had for loadouts but it turns out I completely misremembered the loadouts I wanted to use.
  • I got my butt stomped.
  • Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment