Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Build Journal: Papercraft Zizy Vehicles

This combines two of my favorite obsessions, Papercraft and Zizy Vehicles.  I was thinking about the Paper Silos I posted about on Monday while driving to work one morning when I passed a tanker truck.  My mind immediately shifted to designing a papercraft tank to fit on the trailer of a truck.  I felt that since building "realistic" tanker trucks was sort of difficult in Lego that this might be an easier technique.

Since my initial silo build used 4x4 Round Brick w/Pinholes to form the core I retained that but mounted them sideways on Large Jumpers, keeping the 1x1 Round Plates to secure the paper on the other side.  The paper pieces are 2.25" x 2.5" and are standard copier paper.  There's no central shaft holding the Round Bricks together so securing the initial two points of contact may be a little difficult.  In 6P Scale the tank is roughly 10' diameter by 20' long.  The deck is 20' long by 15' wide in 6P scale.  2 Hits will destroy the tank and the deck it sits on.  It will take 4 more hits to destroy the rest of the trailer.

Tanker Trailer



Parts









And the best part about this?
No Brackets.

I actually made two different Tractors to haul the Trailer.  I made them different to highlight the nature of independent truckers and the differences between 3-wide and 4-wide design.  Also, because I already have a Tractor done up in Octan colors. 




The first one I built was made to look big and powerful.  It will take 2 or 3 Hits to no longer be Cover -- depending on where you are in relation to the attack.  It will take 8 Hits to completely destroy.


The second one is meant to look more "sporty" -- hence the color and the more streamlined design.  It will take 2 or 3 Hits to no longer be Cover -- depending on where you are in relation to the attack.  It will take 7 Hits to completely destroy.


Group Picture





Once again, I hope people like this continuing
exploration of using paper in terrain builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment