Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Build Journal: Hecaton 1.7

Eight years ago I posted a look at my Hecaton frames.  Then three and a half years after that I posted an update.  Now, with even more new parts available, I've gone back to update them yet again.



The main change to the body is the use of Rounded Plates in the legs.  This saves a total of four pieces.  I also changed the arms to Bar Holders w/Clip instead of the Exo-Force Arms as the colors and availability align a bit better with what I'm trying to do.  I also decided to make the Attachments more in line with the way I've been making them for other Frame designs.  If you're unfamiliar with this idea, that means I make them out of different colors and parts than the ones on the base Frame.  I also put together a Soldier archetype to finally get a handle on the Attachments for the squad.



Right side view.  This gives a clearer look at the Direct Fire (gun) and Movement (levitator) attachments.










Left side view.  This gives a clearer look at the Spotting (antenna array) and Defensive (armor plate) attachments.










Recon by Fire.  This is my old White Hecaton updated with the new
parts and colors to fit in with the new direction for the squad.











Brawler.  My old Red Hecaton updated to the new standards.

Now all I have to do is create Single Shot Rockets and
Stations to finally finish this squad after almost a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment