Friday, May 14, 2021

[Guest Post] Purity: Sluban M38-B0597A Sports Car Review

Back in March, Francisco Duarte sent me a bunch of reviews to use as guest posts.  I used the majority of them for a guest post week and kept this one in my back pocket for later use.

A review by Francisco Duarte.  In case you don't know, he has his own blog too.

The final element of my post-Christmas sale. This yellow car gave me 58 parts per 1.50€, so around, so 0,02€per part - an amazing deal, in my opinion. I’ve found that this set is not as flexible as the three others, though.  In general, I’m happy with this bunch. I’ve got a load of parts for quite the low price, and I’ve surely put most of them to use.


Box.






Instructions.










Parts 1. Mudguards, cheese slopes, studless slopes and a bracket.








Parts 2. Plates, wheels, wheel plates, clip plate, bar plate, grille tiles.



Build.  This time I went for an IO frigate.
Not sure what systems it does use, though.

Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away? Yes. (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? Below. (+5) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? Yes. (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts? No. (-5)
Score: +10 (A-). I wasn’t has happy with this set as I was with the others. I couldn’t build something I would be happy with. However, many parts ended up being used for other builds I had on my table, so there’s that. In general, it was still a great deal for the amount of parts acquired for the price given.

No comments:

Post a Comment