Friday, March 25, 2022

Terrain Workshop: Undersea Accessories

For a looooooong while, the idea of a MFZ game set in/under/over water has haunted me.  I'm not sure exactly why.  But, anyway, here's a selection of random creations that could be used in such a game.


Giant Mollusk.  I originally built these to be Stations -- the Gold and
White ones at least -- but now I have enough where they can be used
as Cover.  Each one will take one Hit before being destroyed.




Coral Formation.  I don't have very many of these Coral parts so this is the
only piece of this type of terrain.  It will take one Hit before being destroyed.




Vines and Rocks.  I don't know about you but, I have a lot of these
Vine/Seaweed pieces and I do struggle a bit with ways to use
them.  Looks like I have a plan now!  If you only remove the
Vines then these will take one Hit.  If you want to beef them up a
bit then you could use six of the Washing Machine Brick instead
of the three Corner Bricks to increase it to two Hits per section.


Aquacultured Seaweed.  Basically a simple way to make a "wall" type
 of terrain.  Each strip can take one Hit before being destroyed.






Geothermal Transfer Conduit (Magma Tubing).  These are
a little taller than the Pumping Tubes from my Ice 9 table-
setting but they still take two Hits before being destroyed.






Starter Plug.  Unlike Ice 9, I don't have any "Storage Cylinders" so
I need a way of starting and/or ending sections of conduit.  This
fills that purpose and can take one Hit before being destroyed.






Jellyfish.  This is another method for using the Vine/Seaweed pieces.  Each
one will take two Hits (not including the stand) before being destroyed.





I hope you enjoyed looking at all of these as much as I did building them.  I think most
of the construction is straightforward but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment