Friday, March 4, 2022

Terrain Journal: Animal Skull

As I've mentioned before I'm always on the lookout for new ideas for terrain and sources of inspiration for table-settings.  Oddly enough this comes from the same source my last bit of brain candy came from, my local pet store.




Inspiration.  I saw this while looking for more of the grass mats and thought
it looked really cool.  So I took it upon myself to try and build something
similar out of Lego to put on the table for a MFZ: Rapid Attack game.








First attempt.  I like the basic structure but it's way too flat and
the two halves aren't linked at the front.  Only 9 Hits though.






Second pass.  I've added some texture but the Hits have jumped to 12.






Third pass.  I've reduced the amount of parts slightly.  I think I'd need
to buy some things I don't have in my collection to make major
changes at this point.  It still stands at 12 Hits -- which is more than 
this building -- so I really have to figure a way of shaving parts off.


Size comparison.  As you can see, this is much larger than my benchmarks.



Overall the build is somewhat close to being finished.
Now I just have to figure out where it's going to be used.
I think my Oasis table-setting is where it will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment