Monday, March 21, 2022

Terrain Workshop: Battlefield Size

I've put this under the "Terrain Workshop" heading because the foundation of all the terrain we put on a battlefield is the table we're starting with.  According to the rulebook, Page 76, "Your table should measure 4-6 rulers' lengths diagonally and circular or square, if it's bigger or smaller, adjust accordingly."  Now, I don't know about you but, I've never done this and so I'm going to take some measurements and figure out just what that truly means.

A rough estimate of a Ruler puts it at 12.81" long.  So according to Page 76 your battlefield should be somewhere between 51.24" (or 4.27') to 76.86" (or 6.41') on the diagonal.

For reference, my kitchen table is 38" wide.

Four Rulers.

 This battlefield would be 38" by 35".

Five Rulers.








This battlefield would be 38" by 51". 




I didn't take a picture of six Rulers because it was kinda ridiculous.





This set up is slightly longer on the diagonal than four Rulers.



I hope this helps people configure their tabletop battlefields for future games.




Thanks to everyone on the Discord that was involved in the conversation that led to this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment