Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Frame Evolution: Egg Walker

Recently, as in this week, I put together a quick frame design.  I had a stack of Lampholders in white so I decided to use them as the core of my build.


This is what happened.  20 Lampholders and a smattering of other parts and we have a frame.  The legs don't move.  They do have the illusion of movement though which is really all that is necessary.

But I wasn't happy with the arms.  Flickr page.








I swapped the arms out for something a little more flexible.  I don't have all that many 1x4 Hinge Plates though, so I can't really mass-produce this design.  That's what I really want because it's grown on me and I think it's fun.  Flickr page.



After some discussion on the Hangar and a great suggestion by MRaichelson, I arrived at this point.  I now have three fully built and a few more under construction.  Flickr page.

The next step is to formulate attachments and create stations.  When I have those finished I'll make another blog post.

Did I mention they also qualify for MittenNinja's 3T Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment