Monday, February 28, 2022

Terrain Workshop: Table Coverings

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'm always looking for new table coverings.  Because one of the easiest ways to help people get in a better mindset for gaming is to put some sort of covering over the surface you're using to play to change it from a table to "something else".  Along with helping to make a more suitable surface to play on, this can also help change people's perceptions of what's happening.  This is akin to turning off the lights when telling a scary story.

So let's look at some of the table coverings I purchased recently.




Cloth, $19.49, Jo-Ann's Fabrics.  I'm not sure what I'm going to use this for yet.








Cloth, $13.98, Fabric Place Basement.  This will be the
new table covering for my Dinosaur Planet setting.






Paper, $1.00, Dollar Tree.  This is a poster I picked up at Dollar Tree but
it seems they don't have them on the website.  This is a little more
abstract than I was hoping for but I'll figure out how to use it eventually.




Baseplates $22.00, Dollar Tree.  Or you could, yaknow, go a little overboard
and buy a bunch of baseplates to make the start of a "City" table-setting.



So I hope this helps people think about new ways
to decorate their tables and highlight their terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment