Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Terrain Workshop: Trees 8

So I actually started building this one before I created the build for Terrain Workshop: Trees 7 but it took me a while to get all the parts I needed to finish the second stage version.  I feel like the smaller one is a micronized version of this build.


So it could be considered a bit of a reach but in my mind's eye I can see the arc of the canopy described by the four 6x5 Swordleaves w/Clip that are attached to four Dinosaur Tail Middle Sections w/Pin that are attached to an Axle Connector Hub w/4 Bars on an Inkwell, with another Inkwell on top, and a Support -- which is another callback to the first Tree Terrain Workshop.  This tree is 36- feet tall in 6P scale and can take 2 Hits before being destroyed.


It is possible to fill this design out a little by removing the Inkwell and instead using a 1x1 Round Plate then an Antenna
to mount the branch section.  You then place an Apollo Stud on the Antenna and another branch section -- offset --  then top it off with another Apollo Stud and a 1x1 Cone.  This version of the tree is 42 feet tall in 6P scale and can take 4 Hits before being destroyed.















As you can see, Frames can fit under both version of this tree.  Flickr page.  Once again I hope I've given people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment