Monday, December 12, 2022

Terrain Workshop: Papercraft Trees 4

I've been wanting to use a stack of 2x2 Round Bricks for a papercraft tree trunk for a while now. But, like an idiot, I kept trying to make things needlessly complex by trying to attach the paper to all the Studs on the 2x2 Rounds. Then one night as I'm trying to get to sleep the solution pops into my head.


So the solution is reducing the core from a stack of 2x2 Round Bricks to a stack of 1x1 Round Bricks. The 1x1 Bricks are attached to the 2x2 Bricks with an Axle/Pin. There's another one at the other end capped off with a Cone. This gives a better attachment point for the paper than trying to fasten it to studs. Harkening back to my second papercraft tree post there's a Minifig Ring in the middle.  I actually used most of the top end of that tree design for this build.


So there are three 2x2 Round bricks, one 2x2 Round Plate, two Axle/Pins, eight 1x1 Round Bricks, one Minifig Ring, two pieces of Paper, and a Cone for a total of 18 pieces.  That makes 3 Hits and it is 41 feet tall in 6P scale.















Flickr page.  Once again I hope I've given people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment