Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: 41503 Krader Mixel

Guess what hit the shelves?!?  Mixels are finally here.  I bought two, and I'll be reviewing each one separately.

They come in three main colors, Red, Yellow, and Black, with three individual models in each color.  Each one is $4.99, which makes this $0.08 per piece.  All the sets have a different piece count.








Here are the instructions and parts bag.


The parts spread out.  First of all is the two new ball joint holders in the lower left.  We have a bunch of vertical and horizontal clip plates, cheese slopes in two colors and a hinge plate are always good parts.  The two "eyeballs" in the middle are neat, as is the 2x2 round tile with artwork on it.





Here's the frame I designed.  Not great but I was in a bit of a hurry.


The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  Yes.  (+5)

Score: 20 (A+).  Our second Lego set with an A+ rating.  I get the feeling that more Mixels sets will achieve this rating.

2 comments:

  1. Where are these? I've looked locally and can't find them. Do I need to goto a lego store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased mine at my local Lego store. I've seen it mentioned on the Toys'N'Bricks forum that Toys'R'Us has them as well. I guess it all depends on where you live if they are available.

      Delete