Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review: 41506 Teslo Mixel

I'm continuing with my reviews of the Mixel line.

This is Teslo, from the electricity tribe.  He has 54 pieces for $4.99, which makes him $0.09 per piece.  I mainly bought this one for that trans-colored "electricity" piece you can see on the front of the package.






Here are the instructions and parts bag.







That is a lot of Cheese Slopes over there on the left.  I see some Clip Plates and Clip Bricks.  There's also that neat "electricity" piece and the flexible small tubing too.  And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the new ball joints and the small bow pieces.  Oh, I almost forgot the "Ice Cream Cone" in Black.  Forget ice cream cones, that's a ready made microscale gun muzzle.


Here we go.  A little something in 4P scale as a proof of concept.  You're still left with plenty of parts to monkey around with too.




The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  Yes.  (+5)

Score: 20 (A+).  Our third Lego set with an A+ rating and another Mixels set with the top rating.

1 comment:

  1. nice! im looking forward to trying out the mini ball joints. Thats a really cool mech you put togeather, too! The single set builds dont usually impress me, but thats sweet!

    ReplyDelete